At The Marquis Project, we understand that education is the key to creating a healthier future for people and the planet. The Marquis Project delivers educational programs in schools by providing presentations focused on raising awareness about important global concerns. Presentations delivered on fair trade, environmental issues, sustainable development, and international development involve interactive games, discussion, media tools and activities.
Marquis educational programming is designed to address the outcomes and learning experiences in the Manitoba Education provincial social studies curriculum. Manitoba Education has partnered with the Marquis Project and has provided funding for educational initiatives in southwest Manitoba schools in areas related to fair trade, environmental issues, sustainability and international development. Areas of focus are:
- Grade 3 Communities of the World
- Grade 7 People and Places in the World
- Grade 9 Canada in the Contemporary World
- Grade 10 Geographic Issues of the 21st Century
- Grade 12 Global Issues – Citizenship and Sustainability
- Grade 12 World Geography – A Human Perspective
- Manitoba Education Social Studies Curriculum
- Marquis and the Social Studies Curriculum
Resources for Teachers
Global Trade and Fair Trade Activities - This document lists lesson plans, games, and other learning activities to enliven your K to 12 classes and to help students understand fair trade and global issues.
Other Educational Tools available through The Marquis Project include:
- The Fair Game™ is an interactive, educational game engaging the entire class. It explores the costs and benefits of world trading systems. The Fair Game™ was designed by Curt Shoultz in Manitoba for use in Grade 10 Geography and Grade 12 World Issues classes. The Fair Game / Équimonde
- Global Trader™ is an interactive, educational trading game with trivia related to the middle years social studies curriculum
If you have any questions or would like to discuss booking a presentation session, please contact our Education Program Facilitator, Meeghan Gavin by phone (204) 727-5675 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!